Friday, September 14, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games

I have a bit of a problem when the movie comes out for a book I love - when I see it, I'm always a bit disappointed.  Although there have been some failures over the years (see Tom Hanks hair in The da Vinci Code), rarely does this feeling come from the film itself.  For me the book is so special, that my expectations for the film are so high they are almost impossible to fulfill.  So it was no surprise that I was disappointed in The Hunger Games when I saw it in theaters, but watching it last night on DVD, was a revelation. 

This movie is perfect.  While there have been some changes and adaptations made (the expansion of Caesar Flickerman's role and the addition of the Gamemaker, Seneca Crane) in order to convert the novel to film, there is very little changed about the story.  What changes are made remain true to the book and the characters that began this phenomenon.  

If you've read the book, you will be thrilled with the wverything about the film and if you haven't, well I can't imagine not wanting read the book the moment the credits roled.

Highly recommeneded.

No comments:

Post a Comment