Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fifty Shades Darker by EL James

The Fifty Shades of Grey was so enjoyable that I went to my local book store before I finished it to purchase the second and third books.    I am sad to report that the Fifty Shades Darker is not half as fun as it's predecessor.

The conversations between Steele and Grey in the first 100 pages were continually rehashed throughout the book to the point that it totally detracted from the plot.   It was actually quite sad, because there was some interesting intrigue with Ana's job and Christian's former flames that could have made the book more readable.  Instead our hero and heroine spent the entire book stating why they were so wrong for one another.

For me, the real question is will this book follow the law of trilogies?  If it does, that means the second book is mediocre and all will be redeemed in third installment.  So should I read it?

I'll leave it up to you my adoring fans.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment