Friday, October 17, 2014

Nathaniel Cade & Crossovers

Nathaniel Cade & Crossovers

In the entire time I had this blog (even when I was keeping up with it on a regular basis), I cannot believe that I never mentioned the Nathaniel Cade series by Christopher Farnsworth.  These books are superb.  The plot, the writing, everything.  I am absolutely crazy about them and one of the things I adore about them are the references.  

Farnsworth has this magical way of paying homage to classic science fiction and horror, by mentioning them as part of Cade's previous investigations and they are so subtle, that you can almost miss them.  The incident at Camp Crystal Lake (Friday the 13th), uncovering an alien aircraft during an Arctic expedition (The Thing), agent Samsa (The Metamorphosis).  And those are some of the more obvious ones.  

Anyways there are some really good articles from Crossover Universe that list all of the references. Definitely something to be checked out!!!

PS.  I'll also see if I can scrounge up any of my old reviews of Cade series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment